Disposable Formwork for Circular Columns
Monotub D.D.® is a formwork for casting round columns. This formwork is very light and therefore quick and easy to position. The tube is generally removed once the concrete has been cast and set.
What are its Advantages?
- Resistant to moisture
- Light and therefore easy to handle for quick and precise positioning
- Several columns can be cast at the same time
- Easy to remove the formwork
- No investment in reusable formwork required
- Delivered to size on the building site
- Once removed, the formwork can be replaced and used as protection until the end of construction
- Available from 15cm to 120cm
Monotub D.D. Assembly
Positioning the Formwork
- We advise the use of base and head collars for the perfect and quick positioning of the formwork
- Position the column so that the text legible, then removal wire will then automatically be on the tight side
Casting the Concrete
- Vibrating the concrete at the middle of the column during casting is important (be careful not to damage the inner foil in the formwork)
- The casting speed (with regard to the type of concrete used) is maximum 6 m/h
Removing the Formwork
- Attach the end of the removal wire to a hammer, pull slowly at an angle of 30° from the column and continue to roll up the wire (do not pull the wire with bare hands)
- Remove the formwork around the column
- The internal foil (smooth version) can then be easily removed
- It is not necessary to remove the formwork immediately after the concrete has hardened. However, the best result is obtained when the formwork is removed after 24 hours
- Removing the formwork after this period is recommended so that it can be determined that the column has been cast in accordance with best practices
- Once removed, the formwork can be replaced around the columns and used as a protection until construction ends
Storage at the Building Site Advantages
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE NOW
- Resistant to poor weather conditions, rain and moisture
- Avoid direct contact with water
- Store vertically in a dry environment
- Prevent direct contact with the ground if the Monotub D.D. is stored outside
- Cover the top of the Monotub D.D.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.